Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Ultimate Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Tribute (ink your favorite shit)

About goddamn time. I've been bitching for I don't know how many years about getting a tattoo--and especially a Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind one, at that. I received an estimate and paid a deposit about a month ago, and today was the much anticipated day that I would have the lovely lady herself inked eternally on my arm; Teto and all. Due to other "real life" circumstances I couldn't get the job finished today, so for now I simply just have the outline. My next scheduled appointment is just a small bit over a month, to which I will then have the art filled in, with a possible chance of maybe some background work at some point in the future.

The picture itself was actually a watercolor print Miyazaki did for a calendar that showcased the manga back in the 80's, which later received a full content publishing in his Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: Watercolor Impressions book, a collection of concept sketches, promotional art, and animation cells for both the manga and film adaptation, respectively. It's a lovely hardcover book with an abundance of rarely seen photos and character designs, although Hayao Miyazaki's comments on his own work are often self-deprecating and somewhat un-fulfilled, but such a thing is only a minor deterrent to an otherwise exceptional collection that showcases Hayao Miyazaki's masterful storytelling and spectacular art of the world of Nausicaä. If anything, this is just a brief memo to an immeasurable love letter; one that I shall finish another day-or, when I get my damned tattoo colored in.

Oh, Snatcher is the best game ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment